The aim of this workshop is to support you in practical design of online assessment for specific courses that you currently teach as well as identifying suitable digital technologies to implement immediately.
Learning outcomes – you will be able to apply research-informed principles in assessment practice:
- To critically consider and make choices in practical design of online assessments for the courses you teach
- To agree steps for making different types of online assessment more valid and reliable
- To take practical steps increasing transparency through guidance, criteria, grading and feedback
- To identify and understand different technologies for completion and administration of online assessment
- To work towards a level of consistency in assessment practice across programmes for the benefit of students
The overall format of the workshop is a PIE: Preparation, Interaction, Embedding. Which is a useful template for designing online learning.